Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My first attempt at free motion stippling.

I was actually quite impressed with how it went. I must admit, it was a little scary at first but I got the hang of it fairly quickly.
I did learn that it is best to do a sample before you begin your actual project :) My bottom tension was a bit tight so the bottom was a wee bit loopy looking but not terrible.
It does take some getting used to, coordinating how you move the fabric around and how fast to make the machine sew and keeping a steady pace. I did enjoy it though and I can't wait to make the next one!

Here is a picture showing my attempt on a bottle carrier I am making.

I think next time I will using a thread that matches the lining as opposed to a contrasting one. When I chose the colour I was only thinking of what would look good on the front side. Oh well! Live and learn, I say.

Here you can see that my bottom tension is off. Oh to have a new fancy machine that had automatic tension!!! LOL!
You can also me my little boo boo where I crossed over my lines...bad...bad...bad!

I'll show the finished product tomorrow. I got as far as needing to sew the binding on the upper edge. I'm off to the store today to sew some curtains for a customer :)

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment