Friday, May 10, 2013

MSD Overalls and Sewing Small Pieces...

I've wanted to do some overalls for my store for a while now and I finally found a pattern that I liked.
I didn't want it where the straps just came up from the waist.

I find sewing things like narrow straps that my machine eats them. I've been looking for something that I can use like a tear-away stabilizer to keep it in place and then just tear it off after. I did find this...




It works fairly well but still occasionally pulls at the stitches leaving some a bit loopy.

Here are some pictures of it in action.



I wasn't very impressed with what was left behind. It just added more time having to pick it all out. That was about the worst that was left in after tearing it away. I think having two rows of stitching didn't help lol.

Anyhow, they turned out pretty good, I think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment